My most delicious things is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information from which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the requirements laid down by law in the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. We are a data controller of your information.
My most delicious things may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th June 2023.
who we are
Our website address is: https://mymostdeliciousthings.com
The company My most delicious things is run by: Nancy Harbord
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Studio 51669, PO Box 6945, W1A 6US
legal basis for processing your data
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
- That you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
- That we need to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of services as a result of a request from you).
- That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
what we collect
This website does not set any non-essential cookies by default.
We may collect the following information:
- Personal information including your name, email address, location, telephone number, username, password, contact preferences, online identifiers, and essential cookie-related data.
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
We do not collect or store any of your payment information.
We do not sell your data.
We may collect personal information such as name and email address when you contact us.
This data is used for customer service purposes and not for marketing purposes unless explicit consent for marketing communications has been given.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, are a member of our website (you can log in) or have purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails which you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the name and email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
This website can send emails through the Ghost publishing service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters.
No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
Our website offers publicly accessible comment areas and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information through public message boards, blogs, or forums, as offered through the My most delicious things services, this information may be viewed, collected and used by others.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
To request removal of your personal information from our comment sections, please submit a Support Request to nancy@mymostdeliciousthings. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information or some content (if, for example, it is reposted by another user), in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where a third-party payment processor is utilized as a sub-processor, we have implemented appropriate onward transfer safeguards over your personal information.
This website does not set any non-essential cookies by default.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name and email address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include usage information, such as your IP address, referring URLs, country, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’), and hardware settings).
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
what we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services to you.
- We may use the information to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may use the information to create, and administer accounts, fulfil and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (e.g., technical help, answer enquiries relating to personal information, etc.).
- We may use the information to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
when we may disclose your personal information
To our integrated partners and service providers who provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
To you, through message boards, dashboards, chat, polls, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials.
If you request a password reset, your IP address may be included in the reset email.
Comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us on email@example.com. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us on email@example.com.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please email us on email@example.com.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
how long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored electronically on our secure servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
links to other websites